Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Green Savings: Dryer Balls

What if I told you that there was a way for your household to dry your clothes with no fabric softener whatsoever? By using dryer balls (small plastic balls with little nubs) you can skip fabric softener sheets, dryer bars and liquid fabric softener.

I bought a pair for myself and a pair for my boyfriend!

  • Your clothes will be healthier for your household (no fake, harsh chemical smells). 
  • Your clothes will not have static cling issues and they will be soft!
  • You will never have to buy fabric softener products ever again!
  • Best of all, dryer balls are CHEAP!  I see them priced at dollar stores and drug stores for around $1 per pair.
  • They last practically forever.
  • They save the environment by eliminating the need for excess packaging from many boxes of fabric softener sheets or bottles from liquid fabric softener.   It's better for the earth to not throw away so many fabric softener sheets either!
  • They are very easy to use.  Toss them in with your clothes before drying them.  Then you can just leave them in the dryer for future loads.  Don't bother taking them out when you remove your clothes. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Now I just gotta remember to look for them next time I'm in the store :)

    ReplyDelete